Fortis Academy has a clear safeguarding Policy which reflects the key aspect’s of ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education.’
The Pastoral team are all trained to work clearly within safeguarding guidelines.
The academy has a large team of staff who are responsible for Safeguarding.
• Mrs J Finlay – Campus Designated Safeguarding Lead & Deputy Headteacher Foundation Academy
• Mrs J Price – Deputy DSL Foundation Academy
• Miss Beech – Deputy DSL Senior Academy
• Mrs G Gough – Deputy DSL, Admin & Early Help
• Mrs J Roper – Deputy DSL SEND
• Miss E Painter – Deputy DSL & Assistant Headteacher
• Mrs J Garvey – Deputy DSL & Deputy Headteacher Senior Academy
Fortis Academy is an active member of Birmingham Safeguarding Children Partnership. Further to this we host the North area Schools and Police Panel. This is a multi-agency group that looks at the latest issues based around the safeguarding of young people in and around Birmingham.
Through these structures, Fortis Academy has comprehensive systems in place to ensure the safeguarding of all our young people.
Please click the links and documents below for further details about Safeguarding at Fortis Academy and in the wider community.