Fortis Academy has a clear safeguarding Policy which reflects the key aspect’s of ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education.’
We are committed to safeguarding and work together to ensure that our students thrive in a safe and supportive environment, whatever their age, ethnicity, religion, disability, sexual identity or gender.
The academy has a large team of staff who are responsible for Safeguarding.
- Mrs J Finlay – Campus Designated Safeguarding Lead & Deputy Headteacher Foundation Academy
- Mrs J Price – Deputy DSL Foundation Academy
- Miss Beech – Deputy DSL Senior Academy
- Mrs G Gough – Deputy DSL, Admin & Early Help
- Mrs J Roper – Deputy DSL SEND
- Miss E Painter – Deputy DSL & Assistant Headteacher
- Mrs J Garvey – Deputy DSL & Deputy Headteacher Senior Academy
- Mrs P Smith – Deputy DSL & Medical Officer
|Mrs Finlay||Mrs Garvey||Miss Painter||Miss Roper|
|Miss Beech||Mrs Price||Mrs Gough||Mrs Smith|
Our Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) is Mrs Jo Finlay, Deputy Headteacher Foundation Academy. You can contact our DSL on 0121 366 6611 or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org
In the event of you having concerns outside of Academy hours the following numbers will be of use to you:
Children’s Services – 0121 366 1888 or if in doubt dial 999
NSPCC – 0808 800 5000 (NSPCC Sexual abuse – 0800 136663)
Link to NHS ChatHealth Messaging Service – https://chathealth.nhs.uk/start-a-chat/
Fortis Academy is an active member of Birmingham Safeguarding Children Partnership. Further to this we host the North area Schools and Police Panel. This is a multi-agency group that looks at the latest issues based around the safeguarding of young people in and around Birmingham.
Through these structures, Fortis Academy has comprehensive systems in place to ensure the safeguarding of all our young people.