Below are the current teaching staff vacancies at Fortis Academy
The application form and guidance notes are available below and can be saved to your computer. Please email your completed application to email@example.com
Salary: L19-23 £65,735 – £72,497
Location: Birmingham, Great Barr
Contract type: Full Time
Contract Term: Permanent
Download Application Pack – Click Here
ARE YOU AN INSPIRATIONAL LEADER WHO CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE?
The Academy Council are seeking to appoint an exceptional Deputy Headteacher to help lead the future development of Fortis Senior Academy. If you are a strategic leader who is wholeheartedly committed to education with the skills, experience and knowledge required to provide inspirational leadership whilst sharing our values and ambition to develop excellence in all our young people and employees, we would like to hear from you.
The successful applicant will need to display a wide range of skills and experiences including a thorough understanding of the educational landscape, a strong grasp of strategic leadership, teaching and learning and intervention that maximises outcomes for students. The ability to act with high levels of integrity and humility and to share our vision and ethos ‘enriching lives’ are paramount.
Fortis Academy was judged as ‘requiring improvement’ as its last Ofsted inspections under its previous name, The Great Barr Academy. This masks the rapid strides that have been taken since Fortis Academy’s inception in September 2020.
WE CAN OFFER THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
• The opportunity to develop professionally and personally
• A strong, innovative and focused team of teachers and support staff who are all proud to be part of the Fortis Senior Academy Team
• A committed Senior Leadership Team with high expectations of themselves, staff and pupils
• Mature, well-behaved pupils with good attitudes to learning and who have a growing pride in their school
• Parents who value the school’s support and the progress made by their children
• A rapidly improving school with the ambition to become good at its next inspection and outstanding thereafter.
• A very committed and ambitious Academy Council which provides key support and challenge
WE WANT A CANDIDATE WHO:
• Cares passionately about providing our young people with the best possible opportunities in life and learning
• Has vision and credibility and who will be an inspirational leader for the whole school community
• Is committed to driving excellence in teaching and learning in order to raise standards and secure successful outcomes for all students
• Can develop a trusting and supportive working relationship with staff that fosters their confidence and inspires and challenges them to further achievement
• Can embrace the challenge of an ever-evolving educational landscape whilst developing our inclusive ethos within the school
• Can sustain and further develop the school’s positive relationships with parents and maintain well-established links with other schools
WHY WORK IN BIRMINGHAM?
• Birmingham is the largest city in the West Midlands, an area of rich historical and cultural interest
• It is a welcoming City, is diverse, culturally rich and has many areas of attractive and affordable housing within commuting distance of more rural locales
• Birmingham offers a range of cultural and leisure options including theatre, art galleries, historic houses, parks, real-ale pubs and restaurants
• Has high levels of investment and redevelopment across the City;
• There is a thriving local sports scene including an international cricket stadium, and premier league football clubs
• Has excellent transport links, which includes a direct train route to London and major cities, making Birmingham a convenient base for travel both within and beyond the UK
• Excellent links to its many universities which boasts very high employability rate of its graduates
Visits to our school are strongly encouraged and warmly welcomed. If you would like to arrange either a visit or a virtual meeting, please contact Sandra Clare (Campus PA) by email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone (0121 366 7801) to make an appointment. Visits and meetings will be held at pre-arranged times during the w/c 19 April 2021, with the closing date for applications being 26 April 2021.
Application forms and guidance notes can all be downloaded from our website https://fortisacademy.org.uk/teaching-jobs/. Please email your completed application form and covering letter to email@example.com
Fortis Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. Successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check along with other relevant employment checks. We are an Equal Opportunities employer.
INTERVIEWS: Week commencing 10 May 2021