If you are a parent or carer, and receive any of the benefits below, then your child is eligible for Free School Meals.
- Income Support
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit (provided you are NOT also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross household income of no more than £16,190)
- The Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Universal Credit
It is now possible to check to see if you qualify for free school meals by completing a simple online form.
*By clicking this link you will be leaving the Fortis Academy website.
In most cases
- a response will be provided immediately
- you will not need to provide proof to the school
- you will not need to reapply to confirm continued eligibility
To complete an application you will need handy:
- Your own name and date of birth
- Contact details
- National Insurance Number or National Asylum Seekers Number
- Child’s name and date of birth